This page is a summarisation on how Cycling Societies works. You can also see the single blog posts on this topic.
Goals of this project are
- to gather, process, and distribute information on cycling, esp. for urban everyday life, i.e. cycling to kindergarten, to school, to work, to shopping,
- to connect different cycling societies around the world,
- to learn from others and contribute own experiences, as well as
- to support cycling activists/advocates and their local/regional cycling society.
Web profiles besides this blog are on
Author – so far – is
The rules are as follows:
- the homepage cycling-society.net will show an overview about what there is to discover,
- each cycling society will be approachable via a sub-domain such as ruhr.cycling-society.net,
- a sub-domain can also serve as a category in this blog, if someone blogs about a particular cycling society,
- further categories will have their own sub-domain, e.g. fashion.cycling-society.net, or cargo-bikes.cycling-society.net, and
- this blog (blog.cycling-society.net) will be run by those who are interested in constructing the Cycling Societies project, and it will contain ideas, concepts, stories, best practice examples, and so on.